Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Diary: Too Much TV

Oh dear... My last post was so positive and inspiring, like seeing a snapshot of a sleek athlete on a home run - right before he trips on his undone shoe lace and crashes face first into the dust! 
.
Unfortunately I caught a cold from Tom and Charlotte, right before the long weekend so I have not been doing anything much -except watching too much television. Foxtel had a Sex & The City marathon on and I got hooked. Its been years since I watched the series so I had a lot of catching up to do. Back in my bachelor days I once had a Sex & The City party at my beautiful old Surry Hills apartment that had fabulous ceiling high windows that looked out onto the Sydney skyline. It was a fun night, and I vaguely remember trying to cook in a very inebriated state and catching a tablecloth on fire... Too many cosmopolitans. Hmmm.

So I guess I'll have to go and see the movie now. The best part in the last series in my opinion was the cameo by Kristen Johnston (3rd Rock From the Sun) - "I'm so bored I could die". Hilarious. Check it out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_BeMQZK4SM
.
Plus its been raining, and raining, and raining! Spending the whole weekend at home no doubt sent Tim and Tom a little stir crazy. Tim went on a cleaning binge. And last night Tom bit my finger - an outburst of pent up emotion perhaps? He was not impressed that I was letting Charlotte look at my old sticker book so he bit my little finger. I screamed in pain and stood up with such force that he went flying off my lap and landed hard on his back on the carpet. I was so angry I made him stay up in his room til "his father got home" and "had a talk to him". 
.
Tom totally idolises Tim, and me I barely get an acknowledgment these days. But I suppose I'd probably ignore me too, I sound like a broken record half the time: "brush your teeth, put your socks on, lean over the bowl, pick up your clothes, eat your lunch, put your shoes on, pull the plug out, leave that alone, no more biscuits!" Being sick barely gives you the energy to nag let alone any fun stuff... no wonder he's sick of me! 
.
But this morning we had a good time at the park. Thankfully the rain held off long enough for the Figtree Playgroup excursion. (Being the coordinator) I had organised for Gladesville Fire Brigade to bring a fire truck down to Buffalo Creek playground and the kids loved it. The fire fighters were so nice answering all these 3 year old's questions - namely, pointing at every single button and valve and switch and lever on the whole truck saying "What does this do?" Poor guys must have been exhausted afterwards! Top blokes, must make them a big thank you card or something from all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media Share

Get widget