Thursday, June 5, 2008

Diary: Boopy comes to visit

Wow! I wish I could feel like this all the time! I am so positive and full of energy and happiness at the moment. 
.
My mother-in-law came to stay for a few days which really helped... Tom loved her staying (constant attention, full time story reader, babied him). At first I was a bit jealous of this, although jealous is too strong a word - I thought 'Gee, grandmothers get all the fun! They get the happy, responsive child, while I get a cursory glance if I'm lucky and I'm the one going round picking up all the dirty socks, etc! But Vicky was also a great help to me too - I had been feeling a bit lonely and bored and her chatty company and helpfulness was a blessing. So much of my time is taken up with thinking about dinners that will please everyone, shopping for it all, and cooking it, I must admit that by the time I've made it, cleaning it up is another chore that I don't enjoy! Vicky, bless her, is a great washer-upper. She actually enjoys washing up! Huh! Who would've thought such a thing possible?
.
And Tim loved having her here too. She babied him as much as Tom - they talked about illnesses and she indulged his every pain and complaint about interrupted sleep... (Don't talk to ME about interrupted sleep!!! and if you've got a pain go to the friggin' doctor!!!) Vicky loves football and so the pair of them watched game after game Friday night and Saturday afternoon on the couch, which allowed me to put on my headphones and sit in my armchair reading and writing - hence my inspiring blog about Emotions. 
.
I loved having her here too. She tagged along on Monday to playgroup, in the car to drop off Tom at preschool, and then supermarket shopping where I had to feed Charlotte. We sat in the coffee shop at Gladesville and talked about books we liked, and I shared some ideas I've had about what to do in the future when I get more time. I shared a plot for a book I've got with her and she listened to me. 
.
When she left we missed her. Tom cried. Tim sulked. I had to wash up again. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie
    Loved reading your blog about my visit to Sydney. Did not even know such things existed. Was very thrilled at your comments and did not realize I had such an impact on your beautiful family. It is always a pleasure to spend time with you, Tim, Tom and Charlotte. Do not know about Mo and Curly though even though they are gorgeous! Only joking.
    Looking forward to my next visit and Charlotte's first birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Social Media Share

Get widget