Monday, January 26, 2009

Diary: Summer Holidays

The break is nearly finished and just like our visit to Luna Park the holiday has been quite a rollercoaster ride. 

The build up to Christmas is always so busy and exciting. 'Santa' brought many presents this year and then Tim's family came to stay which was action packed - six adults, five children (and two dogs!) in the one house. We visited Luna Park, the Powerhouse and Maritime Museums, went ice skating, and watched the New Year's fireworks from Clarke's Point Reserve. The kids got along so well and there was always someone up for cracking a beer or bottle of champagne. Peter and Tim went out walking each day and comparing photos online. Boopy swept, Susan washed and folded, I unpacked the dishwasher. Tom and Tommy raced trikes and ended up with matching elbow scabs. Charlotte discovered coco bombs. Ella danced like Upsy Daisy and clapped Miss Mary Mac with me. Holly listened to her iPod and wore her Miss Chatterbox Tshirt. Greg loved my homemade dips and practiced reading with Ella. And we all discussed many ways to put in a swimming pool.

But alas, the party had to end - the guests flew home and our responsibilities returned, as did access to our bathroom. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie, so good to read about 'our' wonderful holiday. Now that everything is back to normal, the girls have gone to school and I am thinking about uni again I dearly wish I was sitting on your back deck, champagne in hand, watching the kids play and discussing the next adventure we should undertake. Tommy asks about Tom everyday, Ella is still dancing and Holly has her ipod with her at all times. Thanks again for a wonderful time together, you and Tim certainly spoiled us all with your wonderful cooking. I will definately try some of these recipes. Kisses and cuddles (big ones for Tom and Charlotte) from Susan. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie
    It's Holly.
    I read what you wrote about our trip to sydney with you guys,I thought it was really interesting & funny.It is true I do listen to my ipod every day, we just started school so I can only listen to my ipod in the afternoons. I wish to visit you again soon, I really miss seeing all of you. Love from Holly. ps> I am going to Canberra sometime this year with my school, I am a bit scared about flying without mum and dad.

    ReplyDelete

Social Media Share

Get widget